Data Entry Clerk
- Performs direct routine support tasks utilizing data entry terminals and/or word processing software, verifies and corrects entries, maintains records, and performs general support duties as assigned.
- Works within a well-defined framework of policies and procedures, under immediate supervision.
- Inputs, accesses and processes data, and reviews data for accuracy/completeness; verifies and corrects errors.
- Performs general office duties to include alphabetizing, indexing, proofing, verifying and maintaining department correspondence, documents, materials and files.
- Interacts effectively with the public or other departments by answering routine inquiries and processing requests for information.
- Processes and distributes departmental correspondence, documents and materials to appropriate persons, agencies and organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited high school/GED Program.
- Ability to type 25 wpm or 50 kspm.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, organize and process work and establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees and the general public.
- May require prolonged sitting and standing and ability to lift files, boxes, and copies up to 25 lbs. unassisted.