Under virtual supervision, the coder assigns diagnostic and procedural codes to patient charts of moderate to high complexity using ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS or any other designated coding classification system in accordance with coding rules and regulations. Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by AHIMA. Abstracting required clinical information from the medical record. Responsible for maintaining coding data quality and integrity for all coding assignments at all facilities.Job Requirements:
- AHIMA Credentials a must
- Minimum three years coding experience acute care setting
- Coder must display teamwork and commitment while performing daily coding duties.
- The coder should demonstrate initiative and discipline in time management and assignment completion.
- The coder must be able to work in a virtual setting under minimal supervision.
- Floats between facilities as requested.
- Travel may be required to meet the needs of the facilities
- Other duties as assigned based on leadership request(s)
- Advanced knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding principles and rules
- Intermediate knowledge of disease pathophysiology and drug utilization
- Intermediate knowledge of MSDRG classification and reimbursement structures
- Intermediate knowledge of APC, OCE, NCCI classification and reimbursement structures
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Coding proficiency demonstrated by successful completion of approved coding exercise
- Excellent organizational skills for initiation and maintenance of efficient work flow
- Regular and reliable attendance and time reporting per Conifer Telecommuting program requirements
- Capacity to work independently in a virtual office setting or at hospital setting if required to travel for assignment.
- Good visual acuity
- Able to operate computer keyboard, mouse and other peripherals as appropriate to accomplish coding and abstracting duties.
Website: Click Here To Visit Web Site / More Information About Job / Apply For Job