The successful candidate is responsible for transcribing complex clinical documentation from voice to text using Fusion voice recognition products in a Health Information Acute Care setting. Responsible for a minimum daily production of 120 dictated minutes (varying amount of reports), this position is a work from home opportunity. The candidate will be part of a larger transcription team with the ability to work in house as well when required. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.Job Requirements:
- 2 year college diploma in Health Office Administration with Medical Transcription Certification
- 2 years experience transcribing acute care hospital transcription
- Acute care hospital setting medical terminology experience in oncology, nephrology, childbirth, children, critical care, stroke, psychiatry, surgical and complex care
- Knowledge of hospital computer systems – physician portal, Outlook preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Word with minimum 55 wpm
- Experience and knowledge of a PC based environment
- Ability to work independently with self discipline and organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with effective communication in a courteous and concise manner
- Problem solving capabilities.
- Must demonstrate a patient first focus.
- Minimum daily production of 120 dictated minutes.
- Good attendance record
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.
Website: Click Here To Visit Web Site / More Information About Job / Apply For Job